Tuesday, May 1, 2012

As the semester comes to a close...

So do the days of our lives.

Alright, so that's a little excessive. I guess I'm just reminiscing on my soap opera days with my grandmother.

But really, it's been a long semester and I'm glad to see it come to an end. However, it is even more rewarding to look back and see everything I have accomplished, even through this blog alone.

If you recall my first post, which I'm sure you remember word for word, I listed three goals that I hoped to accomplish this semester through this blogging assignment. They were:

1. Create and expand my social network
2. Develop and share my brand
3. Explore new social media outlets, such as blogging
1. My social network has definitely expanded, even if you judge that solely on Twitter followers - and not just by quantity, but I believe I have learned how to judge the quality of people in my network as well.
2. My "brand" is what I have been working on throughout the semester. Have I met this goal? Honestly... I'm not sure. I believe I have gotten better at social media, but can you identify my brand?
3. I believe this goal to be accomplished as well. I was completely new to Twitter, and I have gotten better at that. I believe my blog has evolved (again, you be the judge). I just joined LinkedIn. 
There are several other social media sites to join and explore that will help both my communication skills and my professional development, but I have time for that.

This isn't something that has to stop here. Just because the class is over, doesn't mean my learning has to be. Social media is easier learned when taught. However, the neat thing about it is... you can teach yourself. It all comes back to observing and listening. See what everybody else does, and then learn how to do it your own way. I believe I am prepared to continue on this journey and keep exploring.

Because of my growth, my social media resume has also expanded as follows -

Brittney Bird
I was born and raised in Middle Tennessee. I have only been to three schools my entire life, MTSU included. I am a Junior this year, studying Organizational Communications with a possible minor in Psychology. I am still unsure of my future career goals, but for the past two years I have worked at Premier VetCare in Smyrna. With my major, I could potentionally take over publicity for the organization, mainly including the webpage and Facebook account.
Experience

My experience with social media has been limited, but is expanding. I am willing to learn new tools and techniques and found that I am a fairly quick learner in this aspect. While I do not have any professional experience in social media as of yet, I have gained some personal experience. 
My Twitter account has expanded in both quantity and quality of followers.
www.Twiter.com/brittneyxbee
I have developed my own blog to track my social media journey and share everything I have learned.
brittneybe.blogspot.com
Tools
  • MySpace (once upon a time)
  • Facebook
  • Twitter 
  • Pinterest
  • Daily booth
  • LinkedIn
  • Blogger
  • About.me
  • Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment